Saturday, July 17, 2010

Comments Welcome

I have reason to believe that at least a few people are reading this blog. It was my hope that the blog could become a forum for discussion. To that end, I have permitted anonymous comments. So if you would like to comment on my posts you can do so without revealing your own identity. While I thought it important that I identify myself publicly, I also understand that there are staff members who feel vulnerable to resprisal. So please feel free to add comments, to disagree with me, to bring up new topics for discussion. If you feel comfortable identifying yourself, so much the better, if you don't, comment anonymously.

If this does become a forum for discussion, I would like to see us focus on issues related to the structure and culture of the district. We can talk about processes and policies without personal attacks on individuals. That does not mean that individuals are beyond reproach, however, when they are acting in an official capacity. But criticisms need to focus on behaviors rather than personalities. Even public figures have personal lives; comments on their families will be strictly off-limits. I will delete any comments that I feel are libelous, because libel is wrong and because it would leave me open to lawsuit. Libel occurs when someone knowingly makes false claims against another person with malicious intent. So tell the truth, provide documentation when you can, and state personal opinions as such.

I hope you will join me in discussing the issues we confront.

No comments:

Post a Comment