Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stirring the Pot




Since some of you may not read the Polk County Itemizer-Observer regularly, I've made copies of the text of an article that appeared on the front page of yesterday's edition. I've also included the letter to the editor written by the superintendent's friend.

I repeat my challenge to them - if you think my reporting on this blog is inaccurate, then prove it.

And for the record, Susan, I started this blog only three months ago - more than a year after the staff vote of no confidence. Saying that the current situation is the result of the blog requires a rather serious re-writing of the history of this district.

I stirred the pot and turned up the heat but I didn't make the stew. The recipe and ingredients were provided by the superintendent. It's left a bad taste and the community has had a belly full.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for stirring the pot Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the board members are getting nervous enough now to take this seriously. I doubt Stoops is, but the rest might start considering their own future with the school district now. It is apparent that Hunter's days may be numbered as a 13j super.
    I just can't imagine being a member of this mess and not being at the center of the call to action.

    ReplyDelete